Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken and Rice

Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken and Rice - a quick and easy weeknight recipe! Just dump everything in the slow cooker and dinner is done! Only 5 ingredients - chicken, Lipton's Garlic Soup mix, cream of chicken soup, milk and rice.Can add some mixed veggies too! Everyone cleaned their plate! Leftovers taste great too! YUM!


I am a big fan of slow cooker meals. I love dumping everything in the slow cooker and coming home to dinner. This Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken & Rice is one of our favorites. It is SO easy and SOOOO delicious! Chicken and Rice with garlic and parmesan - all of my favorites in one dish!

This makes a lot of chicken and rice. I shredded my cooked chicken and stirred it back into the rice. You can also leave the cooked chicken breasts whole and just serve them with the cooked rice. Either way is fine. I just prefer finding chunks of chicken in my cheesy rice.

We LOVED this cheesy chicken and rice! It tastes great right out of the slow cooker or leftover for lunch the next day! It reminded me a lot of chicken risotto. I happen to LOVE chicken risotto, so this is right up my alley. Put it on the menu ASAP!!!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 to 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
  • 2 (10.75-oz) cans cream of chicken
  • 1 package Lipton Savory Herb & Garlic Recipe Soup & Dip Mix
  • 1-3/4 cups milk
  • 1 cup regular long-grain rice
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan 
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Spray the insert of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in the bottom.
  2. Mix together the cream of chicken soup, Lipton Garlic Soup Mix, milk, and regular rice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of rice mixture.
  3. Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 or 4 hours.
  4. Remove chicken from slow cooker and chop. Place back in the slow cooker and stir to combine. 
  5. If rice mixture is too thick, add water, chicken broth or additional milk to thin out.
NOTES:
  • Do not cook rice in advance. I used Great Value Long-Grain Rice.
  • I used a Hamilton Beach 6-qt Slow Cooker. It took 3 1/2 hours.
  • The rice will not be light and fluffy like plain cooked rice. The rice is soft. This is a casserole. The mixture will be somewhat thick.